Snowmobile Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Cleaning out a pole barn and selling everything inside for a family that lives out of state. Inside there is a 1973 Moto Ski Capri 340. It looks like it hasn’t been used in quite a while but is in really good shape and was covered and on jack stands to keep the track off the ground. No tears in seat, no cracks in windshield, front end also crack free. The machine looks great. Paint is in the good range. I’m not a snowmobile rider and have no idea what it’s worth but want to get the family a fair price. Any help would be appreciated.

Attachments

·
Registered
258 Posts
Where are you located? It can make a big difference in the value of the sled.

As it sits right now, it's probably a $200 sled. Looks like it hasn't been registered in 25 years, so I'm going to assume it hasn't ran in that long.

Now, if you're good with a wrench and want to spend a little time on it, it'd be worth a ton more if it were running.

It looks to be in great shape - so that's a plus. If you can verify that the engine spins over freely and has spark, that'd be good news too. Also, take a peak in the gas tank. If there is 25 year old gas in there, it'll be a big smelly hassle to deal with.

·
Registered
343 Posts
That's a pretty nice-looking survivor! Unfortunately, the vintage market has been pretty soft for a while, although there are signs that it may be picking up. The right buyer might pay you significantly more based on the cosmetic condition, but in an inoperative state, it might be hard to get more than the $200 suggested. That does go up significantly if you can get it running, but probably no gold mine unless you have an especially rare or desirable model. If you can find a vintage club, that'd go a long way towards finding a buyer.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts