Snowmobile Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
looking to get into a 4 stroker for next year whats the pros and cons of each sled.. im a big guy 6'2 280 so i want some good power.. ski-doo has 130 h.p yamaha has 150 h.p ... i am a die hard ski-doo guy always have been but the apex's are catching my eye... what do you guys think?

·
Trevor
4,135 Posts
Any four stroker is obviously going to be noticeably heavier. Our apex was an 06 and it rode like a tank. I mean, It wasn't too bad but we never had it on the trails we only rode it a number of times before deciding to get something else. We had some C&A ski's on there and that made the turning and tank like feeling worse. It did really get up and move and was pretty dang fast but it was just too heavy. I'm sure if you bought a new one with power steering it would be fine. They do look sick, and that 4 banger sounds bada$$! Here's a little vid and some pics of my brothers old apex. Also, the 06 and some other years had very bad handwarmers. They were barely noticeable and theres this guy that makes a product called yamaheaters, and they make the handwarmers actually work. And, If you do any aggresive riding, get the RTX model, not the GT. Get ready, because four stroke sleds are a whole nother world, and are MUCH more complicated. They aren't too bad once you figure them out but they are more costly also. The electronic GYTR shock alone was around 2 grand to replace.

Attachments

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
yea i figure apex.. yamaha has been doing the 4 stroke thing longer and apparently there designing engines for ford now... i have a 115 h.p yamaha engine on my boat.. love it so i might go yamaha

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.