Snowmobile Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

· Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello. I just bought a 2009 rmk 800. Supposedly it only has 1500 miles or so. The engine was rebuild and has 60 or so miles on it. The guy could not get it started and thought it was electrical. I found it would not hold fuel pressure, would just drop to 0. Replaced the fuel pump assembly and now holds pressure. Replaced the fuel injectors with a known good used rail and the newer yellow injectors. It still won't start. Anyone know what should I be looking for?
Thanks.

· Administrator
19,927 Posts
Your ecu has to match the color of your injectors. I think you can get the ECU reflashed to go with the yellow ones. There should be a sticker on the ECU to tell you the color it works with. Not sure who does the reflash, it's probably something that any Polaris dealer can help you with.

· Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Your ecu has to match the color of your injectors. I think you can get the ECU reflashed to go with the yellow ones. There should be a sticker on the ECU to tell you the color it works with. Not sure who does the reflash, it's probably something that any Polaris dealer can help you with.
Good to know thank you. Me and my buddy also realized even though I have spark it not a consistent spark. So today I'm gonna check into the stator end of things. I had no idea what injectors were in it when I bought it. There is a little yellow dot on my old ones. Is that what tells you what they are? If so then it already had the yellow ones maybe.... oops lol

Thanks for your help

· Registered
3,976 Posts
Obviously you never owned a drag race car Dan,lol. You always buy something at the performance shop that you didn't need when you go in for the one thing you went there for. I never walked out of Winner's Circle for less then a couple hundred bucks even if I went there to buy something that was 20 or 30 bucks,lol.

· Registered
3,976 Posts
Had a 2000 Wrangler, 1999 Grand Cherokee and parents had that German 2005 Jeep Liberty. Easy to work on and cheap for all of them. That '00 had the 4.0 with the 5 speed with 35" tires I was going through stuff in 2wd that a couple of 3/4 ton trucks with 6-8" lifts couldn't get through and both were BB'd,lol one was a 460 the other a 454 and built. Poor things got stuck I flew past them in 2wd buried to the bottom window in mud/water and they were stuck,lol.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts