Snowmobile Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I have an 06 Vector that only has 2100 mile on it, and now will only stay running with the choke on. I am assuming its the jets, but since its a 4 stroke i am just making sure before i start tearing the carbs apart.

Thanks

·
Registered
315 Posts
unless it is fuel injection (obviously not due to the fact it has a choke)
if your machine wont run except for when the choke is on IT IS ALWAYS A PLUGGED CARB!!! clean it thoroughly , and then blow it out with compressed air !

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Anyone have a rough idea what it would cost to have the carbs cleaned, and does anyone know if the Y.E.S would cover it?

·
Maritimes Guy
97 Posts
You can do that yourself, unplug all hoses and cables from your carb,look carefully where they go first, then unscrew the 4 screws from the bowl, pass compressed air thru all little holes.Go easy on your needle valve(the one with the two little legs hooked to it).Put everything back together and see what happens.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
thanks, but the only place i have to do it is in an unheated garage. The last year all ive been doing is working on stuff, and just dont feel like geting into it. I think if its not too much i just as soon have someone do it.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Got the sled off the trailer and in the garage. Has anyone tore into one of these? Damn near No room in there.
Just woundering how much has to be taken off

thanks

·
Premium Member
5,737 Posts
start by removing the air box. pay attention to its associated parts. next loosen the hose style clamps on the rubber boots on both sides of all three carbs and they come out. also remove the throttle and choke cables. leave the carbs as a rack and open up the bottoms. once you get that far plenty of info on this site. the vector carbs are a bit different but the same procedures will apply.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
well i finally got the carbs off and cleaned, It idles nice but when i punch the throttle it has a slight hesitation, ony when the idle is low (around 1000 rpms) when is it on its higher idle (2200 rpms) there is no hesitation, at least not a noticible one. Im thinking that if i change the plugs, and run a few tanks af gas with carb cleaner it may go away.

Anyone have an opinion on a cleaner that has worked for them?

Thanks

·
Registered
477 Posts
If you want a shop to do it, it should take about 2 hours to do the job at a shop rate of $65-$75 an hour. Your pilot circuit in the carbs is clogged for sure. When your choke is engaged it over rides the pilot circuit until you disengage the choke.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
yes i pulled the jets and ran a wire thru them. at first i was not able to see thru them at all.

thank You

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Finally got the slet out, and put a few hundred miles on it. Im happy to say that the first 5 miles I was having minor problems, after that it took off and ran great. Tuesday night i put on only about 60 miles, the sled sat outside overnight (we were at a friends house, and had no where inside to put it) in the morning it fired right up, once the light went out i punched the throttle and she took right off. Im guessing that i didnt clean the jets good enough, and the carb cleaner in the gas finished the job.

Thanks for the input guys.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts