Snowmobile Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
my 06 rmk 900 will not rev if you throttle it over half throttle. was running good for about 800 miles on the new motor till now, throttle position sensor have been changed, throttle cables were replaced ( starting to wear on the oil pump cable), pulled the reeds and checked them, compression is good, sled as been at polaris dealer for a month and they are out of ideas, was wondering if anyone has had similar problems ?
thanks

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i'm not sure. polaris mechanics wondered that at first but they called and said that everything is in spec, yet it still will not rev up at all after about 50% throttle and especially bad at wide open throttle. its like someone hits the killswitch when u pin it. i have a can and pipe on it , and they need to know what kind it is so they can factor in those specs when they reflash it tomorrow. if i post a pic maybe someone will know what kind of can it is ( i bought the sled with it ) and have never seen a similar looking can and there are no stampings or brand names on it.

·
ZR rider
2,064 Posts
Does it shut off? Or just not rev?

Does it have reeds? If so, check to see if the upper reeds have some play.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
if u pin it it will stall itself right out, wont try to rev but if u feather the throttle or slowly increase throttle it will rev, miss a little bit backfire and what not. reeds have been pulled and checked at the dealership,

·
Registered
7 Posts
i am having that same problem with my 1999 arctic cat 440z. i had this problem right when i bought it and i put some iso-heet in it and it seemed to fix the problem. i put a new tank of gas in it just the other day and it started bogging out again. i would put my money on running rich.. or water or ice in the carbs or fuel.

·
Super Moderator
17,904 Posts
the 900 is an EFI sled, there's little he can do to change how rich or lean the injectors will fire. You may want to take a trip over to www.snowest.com, they have a dedicated section for the 900/700 in the Polaris forum. There are some guys there that really know that engine.

·
ZR rider
2,064 Posts
Oh it is EFI! Has the dealer checked the fuel pressure regulator?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts