Snowmobile Forum banner

06 RMK 700 riser hight?

5K views 18 replies 6 participants last post by  BC_Dan 
#1 ·
I did a quick search and couldn't find any threads on how high others were going and what brands they were going with.

My only two concerns are with the adjustable handlebars and any cables that I might have to extend.

I know a few have said to eliminate the adjustable handlebars but I like them on there for my girlfriend and little cousin. When they both putts around on it they put them all the way down. So if I could go another few inches up without having to eliminate the adjustable bars or having to extend any cables that would be great.

Lastly for any of you that have extended them were you able to keep the rubber Polaris handlebar cover on there?

#2 ·
you could go with a 2 or 3 inch bar riser as a compromise, i think with any riser you will need to get longer cables, but that is an easy fix. a PowerMadd cable extension costs about 15 bucks i think, and you can install it in less than 5 minutes. i have one on my 800 and its great, i have a 5 inch bar riser. i hate having to stoop over and strain my back.

about the adjustable height... i didnt even know those sleds had that option. shows what i know :p

i honestly cannot say if a bar riser will get rid of that or not, maybe one of the senior members on here will have an answer.

#9 ·
That's right, "Rider Select"...I remember that from the manual. (Yes I read the manual, can you believe it? haha)

Hey Dan what do you think on that sled? Can I get away with 2-3" riser without extending cables? Also if I go 2-3" will it really raise it 2-3" or do I loose height when taking the OEM mount out?

#4 ·
ahh i see. i was wondering why it wasnt on my sled haha i thought maybe the dealer screwed me over or something.

#5 ·
I was able to put 6 inch riser on my Polaris Edge. I had to extend one ground wire, and the brake line which I did for $5.00 using part of a steel line, etc.

I have a 3.5 pivoting riser (used) for sale as well as a 4-5.5 adjustable riser (new). I also have a new Powermadd Throttle Extension for sale as well.

#6 ·
what are these extensions you guys are talking about? lol. I'm thinking about putting a 3-4" riser on mine cause even after rolling the handlebars as far forward as I could I still have to stoop and throw my weight more. But on my sled anyway, I don't think I'm going to be able to put anything in there without extending the cables, they're all ready pretty tight.

#7 ·
My throttle cable was plenty long.

The brake line was short and I was able to double flare a line on two ends, some fittings, coupler, and 4 inches later, plenty of line.

It just makes the lines longer so you can raise the bars up more!

#18 ·
*Update*

They are on and I love them. So much more control of the sled and keeping perfect center of balance.

So here's the quick rundown for anyone trying to do this with the 06 RMK 700/900

So I started with a 2" and realized I could go just a bit bigger on that sled. As BC Dan stated earlier this sled is equipped with Polaris's "Riders Select" so I'm able to adjust on the fly. This is the reason I went with a solid block instead of the adjustable risers.

Anyway 3" is perfect and let me explain why. There is no need to extend the throttle cable, brake lines or any electrical. The only two modifications I had to make was on the bottom of the rubber Polaris OEM handle bar cover. A dremmel and 5 min to cut the bottom lip off (I'm sure heavy scissors/razor blade would do just fine...I like power tools :) and it fit over the riser and looked great!!
The second mod I had to do was even quicker. There is a zip tie that holds the throttle cable to a fuel line. CAREFULLY snip that zip-tie off and your throttle cable will have just enough slack to handle a right hand turn at any riders select position. Without removing this you'll find that your right hand turning is a bit faster than you might like. :)

If you go any higher than 3" on this model like stated by others you'll need Extended Throttle Cable $28.99 as well Extended Brake Line $46.99. and get some good waterproof electrical ties with shrink wrap for any wiring that you may need to extend. I'd also recommend that you solder the wires before using the waterproofing shrink wrap. After all these things are rattling death traps and it would suck to loose a few wires while ridding. Especially if they are the same colors. :)

Hope this helps!!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.