Snowmobile Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So what does everyone think of the 05' line up?? What would you buy out of the new sleds?? I will probably buy an rx-1 or warrior this year now that they are giving 0% for a year. Anyway, just wanna know how everyone feels about them.

·
Registered
329 Posts
I like that they shaved some weight off. That was the biggest quork I had with the RX-1. I'm disappointed they did not incorporate the EFI technology they have on the R-1 sportbike.

I'd like to give the tripple a testride. For backing off from a inline 4 to a 3 and only lossing 20 horse is not bad at all. But I'd really like to see how they ride with the new rear suspension.

If Yamaha goes EFI with the RX-1 I would honestly consider one, until then I can not justify the price tag as of right now.

·
Registered
31 Posts
I also would like to give that triple a try. Now if I could only mix and match a few ideas. Take the candy-apple paint off the RX-1 and put it on the new triple. Hmmmmm.Just dreamin' I guess.:rolleyes: MM.

·
Registered
3,634 Posts
where are the vipers though? we almost bought one but then came the rev. a mountain sled isnt practical in the flatest of the flat N.E. Ohio. if i wanted a mountain sled, id take a summit-rev.guess the smurfs are really pushin the four strokes...

·
Registered
147 Posts
Hey Magoo, congrats on finally machuring enough to make sensible responses to another persons post... BRAVO

·
Registered
3,316 Posts
lol buckshot....but i agree magoo you have improved;)

·
Registered
20 Posts
I am prolly going to try the RS Rage next season. I have alway ridden AC when it comes to sleds, but everything else I ride is Yamaha. Love Yamaha, but til now they haven't had a suspention that I liked, and wouldn't you know it, they put a 4 stroke in it. Could you emagine the Viper with the new chassis? The only Viper they are offering this year is the mountain sled? Maybe they are really taking the new emissions restrictions seriously, and they may have not developed their 2strokes early enough for this season! Like Polaris and Skidont's SDI motors...

Without a viper in the mix, makes ya wonder what the snoX riders are gonna ride next season. The Rage maybe, wow that auta make it tough on them... Finally the put a competitive suspention together, and they put a not so competitive 4 stroke in it. Who knows, they say it is comparible to the Viper er in speed, maybe the chassis will step it up enough!?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts