Snowmobile Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ive been working on this sled for a while now and cant figure out what is wrong with it. the motor was flooding out last season to the point were it would lock up from all the fuel in the motor and fuel was pouring out the exhaust header. i replaced the floats and needle and seats, cleaned the carbs out very well and it still lets fuel right through into the motor. am i missing something?

·
Registered
1,613 Posts
Welcome
Just replacing the needle and seat does not mean it wont flood!
A simple adjustment of the float to 'Level' would have likely been all that was need to begin with.

To adjust the float 'Level' simply add a piece of hose to the inlet, and blow into it (with your mouth)
Then raise the float till it wont pass air.
At that point the float should be 'Level' with the carb body, adjust the little tab to get there

·
Registered
921 Posts
I was just gonna post that Dan,lol. I've had a couple pumps go bad and flood out my carbs then fill up the crankcase with fuel.

·
Registered
921 Posts
Nah gonna have to not be extremely sore and barely able to move from putting a new computer desk together, new 32" LG 2k resolution w/ G-Sync and redoing the entire bedroom setup,lol.

Too old for this garbage anymore!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
KCCats2:

Thanks for the reply, i have adjusted the tabs on different carbs in the past but these are one unit and plastic so there is no tab to adjust.

Thanks,

Cgroenier

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
BCDan,

I took it off and blew in the impulse line and no air came out the upper lines so i figured it was good. i will take it apart and check it out for sure tho. the carbs are full and the boot going from the carb to the motor is wet so fuel is for sure getting through the carbs.

Thanks

·
Registered
1,613 Posts
Yes you can adjust them it's just harder.
Make sure all is clean and test again
If you have to adjust the plastic just heat it with heat gun and hold the tab where you want it then run cold water over it

1 - 10 of 10 Posts