Snowmobile Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I am in the market for a Polaris sled, and I have been looking for a 2 up sled and a single sled. For the single, I was looking for a 600 - 800 model as new as I could get over 2001 for around $2,500.00.

I have come across an 05 XC 700 with 5,500 miles, reverse, no electric start - great condition. They are asking $2,800.00 obo for it. I was thinking to offer $2,500.00 and wanted to see if people on here that have more experience with me on this sled thought this would be a good price?

Also, I haven't been able to find much info on this sled in a google search, so wanted to see what feedback I would receive from the wonderful members of this forum on this year/model. I will be doing mainly frozen lake and general trail riding. I am an experienced rider.

Thanks!

Eric

·
Super Moderator
16,792 Posts
The 700 engine is one of Polaris's better engines, it shares the bottom end with it's big brother 800 but doesn't have near the crankcase/crankshaft problems that the 800 has. 2005 was the last year for the Edge XC 700, so it's at the peak of evolution. Not many problems with that sled at all. They make good power (about 130 HP stock) and if that's not enough, there are tons of after-market parts you can add to make it go faster. The Edge is a very comfortable sled to ride, it won't give you many surprises as you are riding. $2500 seems like a pretty good price to me.

Good luck on your choice!

·
Breaker of Balls
313 Posts
great price for a great sled, i say go for it.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts