Snowmobile Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Only ridden about 50 miles on my 05 F7 EFI seems to really rock in midrange,compareable to my ZR800
feels like riding a dirtbike more than a sled.AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!
running a bit rich now,do these efi`s lean out on their own after a while???????
also currently using 75 gram stockers ,any
results out there with 76`s or 77`s

D.E.W.R.F7:cool:

·
back in the game
2,364 Posts
1. If the sled only has 50 miles on it, then it should have some oil mixed with gas, which would make it seem like it's running rich
2. if the sled only has 50 miles on it, you SHOULD NOT be going 108mph

·
Registered
1,569 Posts
To wear in ur engine, the first like 25 miles ur suppose to keep it in under 6 rpms, and, until like 200 miles ur not supposed to go over 50

·
Registered
570 Posts
The only thing that I wouldn't do during break in is hold it wide open for a mile or two.

·
back in the game
2,364 Posts
Ryanw said:
Break it in how you plan on riding it. That's what i've been doing with 2 strokes for years, never have had a single problem with the motor.
http://www.mototuneusa.com/break_in_secrets.htm
while you may not have problems breaking it in that way, ask ANYONE who races anything is a competitive class of anything, and they'll ALL say they break their engines in EXACTLY how their engine builders tell them too, in the case of my kart it was:
fresh oil
10 min under 4000 (nothing past half throttle)
change oil
10 min under 5000 with occasionally fullt throttle burst
change oil
run how you race it
change oil, then the break in is complete, the MOST important thing is to let the engine cool and heat properly (full cycles to avoid thermal shock to the engine)

Just because you don't have any problem with your engine doesn't mean it's been broken in right, for most owners, running it how you'll use is the best break-in, but you'll never see the full potential of that engine, and assuming all other things the same, the engine won't last as long.

(This is going from my experience and is my opinion)

·
Registered
35 Posts

I used to race competitively. I'm not trying to start anything, just like you said, everyone has their opinions, and we all think ours are the best, otherwise we wouldn't voice them.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
The trophys are immpressive,but i`ll cut to the chase.I`m talk`ing about primary clutch weights,and not to concernd about breakin procedure.I`ve own`d cat`s from 1973 if you want a fast cat:Step 1 is 100to1 oil-gas to a full tank warm that engine up good!! and then ride it like you stole it.I`ve never had a problem doing my cat`s like this, just positive results.Firecats are running different weights than my previous cat`s,so i`m look`in for some tried+true result`s with different cam arm weights.

·
Registered
4 Posts
If I remember correct, I didnt think that you were suppose to mix oil with the gas on EFI's. It might be different now, I only had one EFI and that was a 93 EXT 550.

As for breaking it in, I agree that you should break it in like your gonna ride it. I've always did this and never blown an engine. (knock on wood)

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Just for the first tank it calls for oil-gas mix +in severe cold temps. Outside of that it's balls to the wall!!!!!!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts