Snowmobile Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
put 200 miles on in two days with no issues. next morning started sled, warmed it up for a few min, went down a straight trail for 4 miles and i was not getting full power. normally i dont use much over half throttle to get up and going 70 and i needed full throttle to get to 70. i wasnt getting that good jump in speed when the rpms were hitting 5-6k as usuall. i checked belt,didnt take off, but looked fine. probably 6oo miles on it. changed the plugs which were dry and white. still didnt seem right but a little better. by the end of my 25 mile ride it seemed to be back to normal. a little water in gas??? could a clutch spring be intermittent in going bad??? i know it still wasnt right rightaway after changing plugs so i dont think that was the problem but it did seem to clear itself up??? thanks for any input, i know it could be like 5 different things...

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
they were brand new at the beginning of the season and they had about 600 miles on them. i dont recall them being white at all before, always oily. oil consumption seems to be what its been since ive had the sled the last 3 years.... i just looked at the plugs and i shouldnt say white but more like a tan color with a just a hair of whitish color were the tip of the spark plug bends, not were it fires. 3 to 4 threads of the plugs are black aka oily. ill try to post pic but that could be out of my league lol

·
Registered
100 Posts
ur plugs should be cardboard brown or a shade darker.... what plugs are you running? they should be BPR9ES i think.. and are both plugs the same? if not look in your carb maybe just dirty never know what could get in there via gas.. i had some junk in my reed cage.. some how and it melted it down.. also was the it good gas? i know north of where im at the gas is crap, i have to run 110 and 93 up there to even get close to what i need.. just a thought.. if u can get your hands on some 110 try it out.. just dont run it straight.. mix it

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
thanks for the thoughts. both plugs were the same. i toped the sled off 5 different times putting in 3 gallons here, 5 gallons there so who knows about the gas. most was from actual stations, one top off was at a bar??? i think ill dump a can of seafoam in there and see what happens

1 - 6 of 6 Posts