Snowmobile Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
with a 500ss rev how many studs would you people put in it?? i was going to go with 144 with the v patern and one on the outside every other lug but what are some other opinions??

·
Runnin Against The Wind!
8,036 Posts
Agreed. 96 all you need.

·
Registered
3,316 Posts
Yep 96 i agree, and yes i would do the V pattern but not put any studs on the outside of the track, they tend to rip out easier and a ripped track on the outside=not good!

·
Registered
149 Posts
yea but with that sled it is really a 600 under the hood wouldnt 96 be too few studs,

·
Registered
275 Posts
Id say 144. I have 144 when the recomended 192 with 8-10 carbides is recomended and get no traction. I couldnt see the 500ss being a 600 a pooch and not needing the studs.

·
Registered
1,569 Posts
my cousin just got the same sled, and they recommended 96

·
Registered
275 Posts
sesnopro said:
96 is all you need with any engine.
Dude this might seem raw but you need to do a little reading. 96 studs on anything with power isnt going to do anything. 96 studs on my 600 wouldnt even get me moving on the ice, 144 barely grabs under full throttle and you say 96 is all any sled needs? Go to the cat, polaris or yamaha forums with the 96 stud theory once and see what they say.

·
Registered
633 Posts
RoloCade said:
Dude this might seem raw but you need to do a little reading. 96 studs on anything with power isnt going to do anything. 96 studs on my 600 wouldnt even get me moving on the ice, 144 barely grabs under full throttle and you say 96 is all any sled needs? Go to the cat, polaris or yamaha forums with the 96 stud theory once and see what they say.
maybe u didnt do it right....u dont want it to grab like crazy im sure, u still want some spin, but not as much as with no studs, i spin up to 70mph with 96 id probly just spin to 30 at the most

1 - 16 of 16 Posts