Snowmobile Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,
I'm a newbie to this forum & yamaha sleds. I just picked up a 04' SX Viper 700with 8600 miles on it. I did some research on the sled before I bought it and seemed like a good sled. I was a little scared of the miles but the sled was immaculate and had a fresh top end all for $2000. Bottom end is all original. Still has the original track on it and its in great shape. My question is, how many miles can you get out of these motors before you have major issues? How many miles do you guys have on them? And what should I be looking at for problems on the sled?:dunno: Any common stuff? Thanks guys

·
Registered
1 Posts
if it has the original track it was probably taken care of. I have an 02 viper and it has almost 5000 on it and its still running great. when I went to pick my sled up I also did research and I heard they go to about 10,000-12,000 miles until they start getting bad. if it has the top end rebuild it should be good for another 4,000 miles

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yea, it was taken care of. The guy I bought it from has a 97 Vmax with the same motor in it and he had 16,000 miles on it. The only thing he said hes done to it was have the top end refreshed at 8k so its promising.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts