Snowmobile Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
finding oil whenever i move my sled. dark in color so it isn't the tank leaking. do the apv's have overflow hoses? that is what the dealer told me, he said it was "exhaust oil" and it is normal?? anyone heard of this or should i not take his word for it. the sled is still under warrenty.:mad:

·
I am Spartacus
23,863 Posts
Try to find out exactly where it's leaking from. Can you follow it to a hose, etc.? That would be your best bet to start off. Or, like you said it's under warranty. Let them check it. ;)

·
back in the game
2,364 Posts
smallengineguy said:
Try to find out exactly where it's leaking from. Can you follow it to a hose, etc.? That would be your best bet to start off. Or, like you said it's under warranty. Let them check it. ;)
what he said :cool:

·
Team Arctic
746 Posts
G-force, are you just trying to up your post count? that was a pretty pathetic reply. lol

·
back in the game
2,364 Posts
I fully realize that what's it looks like, but to be honest, it's by no means, nothing to do with my post count.

It means more to the person asking the question if two people tell him the same thing, rather than one person replying - hitting it right on, then no one else saying anything.

get what I'm saying?

·
Administrator
1,152 Posts
I think a good way to find the leak is to place papertowel in the belly of the sled. The oil should leak on to the paper towel and at least give you a guess if its coming off a line above the towel somwhere. (Its a good first step).

Just remember not to have the towel in when its hot or while the sled is running.

·
Team Arctic
746 Posts
G-ForceJunkie said:
I fully realize that what's it looks like, but to be honest, it's by no means, nothing to do with my post count.

It means more to the person asking the question if two people tell him the same thing, rather than one person replying - hitting it right on, then no one else saying anything.

get what I'm saying?
Alright good point lol, sorry to jump to conclusions.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts