Snowmobile Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
im wondering what would be a better choice... ive been raised on ski-doo's and im looking to buy a new sled... i found it hard to look past the 04 arctic cat f6... im wondering if any f6 efi owners can say that the sled goes and runs as good as it looks?? also any one have top speeds on the f6 efi?? have any f6 owners had any major problems with there sled?? thanks for your time...

ben

·
Registered
2,445 Posts
A couple of months ago in one of the snowmobile magazines it did a testing and the F6 was actually picked over the F7. Reason mostly was the problems the F7 had with recalls with the 2003. Now I havent rode one yet. But the magazine stated that with their tests the F6 was faster than all other 600, 700's and some 800's. I will look today to see if I can find the Magazine and post what issue it is. I might have it at work also and wont be able to find out till tomorrow. I know theres going to be a handful of riders here who will say how their 1966 bolens was able to beat a f6 or whatever else sled they were riding at the time. Again I am just going by what the magazine wrote.

·
Registered
9 Posts
My buddy has a new f-6 and we put on over 800 miles this week and it was real fast beat the f-7 out of the hole. The dam track is almost a inch and a half he smoked my srx but i can catch him. No in fo on ski doo, I f i had to buy now it would be a f-6

·
Registered
34 Posts
I would choose the F6 definetly. It is fast, light, looks, efi, and from what ive heard, realiable. It will easily wake up in terms of power with reeds and twin pipes. Will waste both a mxz 600 and prob 700. GOOD LUCK!!!

·
Registered
105 Posts
kinda wishin i would have gotten an f6 instead of an f7. 1/4 mile times are sooooooooo close. i will never own another efi sled, too much like driving a car. nice easy starts but carb is the only way to go to actually FEEL the power under the hood just my opinion. not to mention the fact that if something goes wrong with your efi don't expect to fix it yourself in the garage. go for the F6 you will not be dissapointed, but i would save the money and get carbs, buy yourself something nice with the extra cash.

·
Registered
36 Posts
go with the f6. or just pay the extra couple hundred dollars and get the f7. for the average trail rider i would go with the efi. cat's efi is very good and you'll be passing all your buddys with carbs on warm days. it's always on and running good

·
Registered
18 Posts
f-6

I've been riding my F-6 EFI for about 300 miles now and already I am satisfied with how it rides. If your used to being lower to the ground it takes a few miles to get used to the higher seated sled, but it corners at high speeds without tipping over like other sleds including some REV's were. It has a great low-end and top-end and can reach about 112-115 mph. Also, being EFI, I pull it over a max of 2 times and it has started.

·
Registered
11 Posts
I just purchased a 700 EFI Sabrecat and it is great! The engine pulls hard from the bottom through mid range,mid to upper I think my 700 Yamaha pulls better.So far I have raced 2 600 Polaris's 1 700 Polaris and a 600 Blair Morgan Edition Rev and have beaten them all ! The only things I do not like are the ride is to soft and to much ski lift but I am adjusting on this and it is getting better,allthough grabbing a hand full of throttle and having the front end jump in the air is a blast, it makes it hard to corner. For 6200.00 it is hard to beat!!!!

·
Registered
25 Posts
i love my F-6, and cant wait to get back from being fixed (kinda wrecked it-- see post for info) but yeah, its awsome. i love the reliability and ease of the efi. no choke, no hard starts, always there, always runnin awsome, no worries about jetting either.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts