Snowmobile Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey i would like to know a few cheap mods i can do to help performance. i have a 1 1/2 in track and a mbrp can. any help would be appreciated.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i have heard that my mbrp silencer can cause my sled to run lean and just wondering if that is true or not. also i am having trouble with ice build up in the tunnel and wondering if this is caused by my 1 1/2 track or if they all do it.

·
Registered
7 Posts
A silencer will not affect the jetting, only changing pipes. Pro X 700 is right about the perf. tips. Clutching and reeds are fairly inexpensive and make a good deal of performance gain. Stay away from pipes if you dont know a lot about engine performance. They are high maintenence and time consuming to tune properly. Putting a thinner head gasket in will also make a big difference and be cheap, not sure if they are available. Ice build up is normal. Keep it cleaned out though, it could let loose while you are riding and jam up in the front of the tunnel making for a quick exit over the bars (I know from experience).

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
hey i was wondering if any of you can give some ideas as a good clutch kit to get into. i guess the speed of my sled really doesn't matter but my buddy rides an f-7. this f-7 leaves me in teh dust in a drag. i would at least like to be a little closer. also the fuel switch on it i tried once in a race but i only spun harder. does it really make that much difference? to me i am closer when i use the regular postion. thank for all your help. i am in saskatchewan canada and the snow here is great. i have never seen snow like his for a long time. on sunday my one buddy got stuck and you could swear that with a picture like that that we wer in the mountains. we are on teh praire and laving every minute of it!

·
Registered
205 Posts
you say that you used the premium switch and it only spun harder. DUH. thats what it does, it gives it extra performance. but you do need to be running premium in there to get the extra perf. from the sounds of things, you're just throttling the hell out of it off the line. you cant do that. use a little less throttle until it hooks up right. full throttle outta the hole just gets the track spinning and a track spinning on ice doesnt beat anybody. also, is it studded??

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
slp pipe

hey i found a used slp pipe. wondering with the extra horse power(he says 13 hp, is that accurate?) will it shorten my engine life. teh guy selling it says no but he wants to sell it. also thinking about a boost bottle. tell me what you think

·
Registered
217 Posts
if you pipe it you have to change jets and sometimes gets to be a pain maybe also is this a single pipe or twin pipe cause single pipe isnt going to give 13 horse maybe a couple not much different then stock except for noise if thats what you want. boost bottles may give you a horse or 2 nothing noticable, REEDS, CLUTCH KIT AND SEE IF YOU NEED THE EXPENSIVE THINGS LIKE PIPES ETC BUT IF YOU ARE GOING TO PIPE YOU MIGHT AS WELL GET TWIN PIPES IF YOU WANT THE REAL HP GAINS!!!!!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts