Snowmobile Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, I'm new to the site and had a question about my Dad's sleds. He bought 2 570's last year and is currently having a problem with the brake lights on both. You really have to pull hard on the brake lever for the brake light to light up which really isn't safe in the trails. The only time they light up is if you slam on the brake. My brother almost rear ended my Dad and when he swerved he almost tagged my srx. Do any of you know if there is an adjustment for this? He's trying to avoid taking them back to the dealer if he can. Any info would help. Thanks alot.

·
Registered
7 Posts
First of all, Do the brakes themselfs work properly? If they do then try checking the signal wire on the brake. It is like an open contact on the lever, once you squeze the lever the contact closes and makes the signal for the light. Same basic wireing on all models.

·
Registered
570 Posts
It is very important that brake lights work. Another thing that is very important is using proper following distance and hand signals. If your father had signaled that he was stopping and if your brother wasn't following so close there wouldn't have been an issue. When your father bought the snowmobiles he should have signed himself and your brother up for a safety course.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Musctang, thanks for the info. It was right there on the lever. We had to make a minor adjustment and they work fine now. And thanks vector for whatever point you were trying to make I guess.

·
710 Posts
Triple Triple said:
And thanks vector for whatever point you were trying to make I guess.
You need to keep a safe distance when riding behind someone espically if your a hot shot or lack experiance. Even if the brake light didn't work it's no excuse to come that close to hitting someone. The point he is trying to make is stay back and be alert.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
That would be a point well worth taking if that is in fact how we ride but we don't ride like that. My brother is 16 and is unexperienced and after it happened my dad got in his a$$. Anyway I know everyone has their own opinion about stuff so I'll just leave it alone.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts