Snowmobile Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just bought a 03 Sno Pro 440. And it lost spark. When i pull it and check for spark i get 1 spark then nothing. Is that a sign of a CDI box? First i was thinking stator but since i get some spark every now and then i don't think a stator does that. Any help or ideas?

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
By Main harness do you mean the plug that goes to the stator down by the pull start? I have unplugged that and check it with a light and got no power. But i never check to see if i had spark

·
Premium Member
34,103 Posts
There are two plugs down there, the main and the cdi, you should still have spark by unplugging the main (no lights though). This will tell you if the problem is switches or stator.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Ok i found the plug your talking about it goes to all the handlebar controls, unplugged it and still the same. Just 1 spark from both plugs then nothing till you let it sit for a min. I have 2 plugs coming from my stator, that i can see. One is a 4 prong the other a 2 prong. With a test light I'm getting nothing. I would guess stator, but i keep getting that spark every now and then, so i'm guessing myself.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
OK here is what i have found, first the sled is an 05 not a 03. Next when i unplug the cdi Exhaust condenser box. A small box with 2 wires going to it, i seem to get very good spark back. I have not tried to start it with out the box plugged in, but i can tell that the stator is not bad, i bought a new box and still have the same results. Should i move on to the bigger box, the CDI ECU?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts