Snowmobile Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The head tail and brake lights stopped working and I checked tghem and all bulbls are blown. Is this the voltage regulator that has gone bad? Dealer told me that they dont usually have problems with them but I think its the case here. Please confirm this before I buy a $110 part. Also can I get lights for this at NAPA or is it a ski doo part only. Thanks for any help.

·
XCFreakinnn RRRR Baby
73 Posts
I just got done doing this on my polaris xcr....blew every light and fuse on board...headlight tailights and dash lights...

DO NOT USE AFTERMARKET Parts!!!

A mechanic that did not know what he was doing replaced mine with a 20.00 part instead of the 60.00 part and i ended up by replacing all the bulbs all over again plus i have to replace the thumb warmer as well....It is worth spending the 110 dollars from skidoo and getting the correct part. Although there could be a short somewhere grounding out the circut...my best guess would be the voltage regulator. Be sure to clean area thuroughly and make sure the regulator is grounded good before u start the sled afterward. I have done a vast amount of research in the last 2 weeks cause i had the same prob on my sled...hope this helps..

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Im right there with you I have spent 10 days checking things out to make sure what is wrong. The sled only has 500 miles on it and I never ride it I just want to get it fixed in case. I lost a regulator on my 99 indy 600 but that just let the lights flicker. $65 later and I was good. Just thought I could get the bulbs from NAPA maybe but looks like Im gonna just order everything ski doo and pay for it. I hope this is the fix.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts