Snowmobile Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered Nut
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm having an issue with the Tach. It will work ok for a few minutes then all the idiot lights come on and the rpm drops to 0. this will go back and forth from working to not. I checked most of the wiring harness for loose connections. No lights are not working and the hand warmers work also. The engine doesn't miss a beat. Just wondering if it could be a Tach issue that it needs to be replaced or if there is away to check it.

I think I'll getting a bigger hammer for tapping to see if it comes back up when I hit it :laugh:..... Tapping on the gauge and working the connections doesn't effect it. It just comes and goes erratically. I'm thinking Tach replacement but wanted to get any other opinions.

I bought a shop manual for the year sled but this model is not in it anywhere.

Thanks in advance.

Kevin

·
Registered Nut
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Spent some time on this last week while out.
Seems like when the hand warmers are on it goes out sooner. around 2000 rpm. with the heaters off the Tach goes out around 1500 rpm. It sounds like a regulator issue or Stator.

I will go through testing the stator this week or weekend.

Any other thoughts on this?

Kevin

·
Registered Nut
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Fixed

Just hope this may help someone else. The inside of the Tach had moisture related problems on the circuit board. I replaced the Tach with a used unit from Al's and the problem was fixed.

Kevin

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.