Snowmobile Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just purchased this sled mainly for ice fishing. Wondering if anyone had any comments or concerns about it, and also what oil it uses. I don't have the manual, purchased second hand. I would like to change the oil before using. Thanks for your help.

·
Registered
315 Posts
from the information i have found ;
you will need to get a pump to remove the oil from the cranckcase through the dipstick
tube as is done with a boat. the pump can be purchased a any marine store . shop around they are around 50 bucks around here .
polaris makes a kit for changing the oil it includes the oil and the filter . not sure of the price . you would have to check that out at your local dealership. from the info i have found it appears to have three quart capacity , i think its a 0w 40 weight oil ,but that is a guess and i would, once again, contact your local dealer for more solid information!

·
Super Moderator
16,807 Posts
The Frontier was Polaris's entry into the 4-stroke sled business. The engine is pretty mild by today's standards, putting out about 48 hp. It's a pretty durable engine, the rental fleets used the heck out of 'em. It should do the job of moving you back and forth across the ice to and from your fishing hole with no issues.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts