Snowmobile Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Very frustrated. I have an 03 f7 efi standard that I cannot get to run correctly. Ran great last year until I blew my jackshaft bearing and drop case. Let the sled sit in my garage all summer(broken) and fixed it in the fall. I start the machine up, and it idles fine until I give it gas.. Then it dies. I drained all the gas out, and filled with 93. Replaced spark plugs with new. Checked both smart valves, disconnected the tss switch. Pulled off my throttle body and checked injectors. Cleaned power valves. Sled starts and idles fine when warm(1 pull). Cold, it takes about 6 or 7 pulls(always 2 pulls cold last year). Check engine light does not come on, although it did the other day when I let it idle for 20 minutes and it overheated. I am thinking possibly the reeds? Does not make sense that it ran great last year, and now runs like this.. I have been reading this and other forums for 4 days and cannot come up with anything. Any suggestions would be great.

·
Registered
230 Posts
A couple of things have you checked to see if you are getting fuel to the rack? With the engine not running you can disconnect the inlet to your rack and pull it over you should get a huge pray of fuel. If not maybe an inlet is partially plugged or line kinked. Then the other thing do a compression check just to make sure you still have it. Low comp. will let an engine start and idle but give up under power.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
yeah I got fuel to the rack. I will do a compression check on it shortly, but it ran great when I put it up. If it was a sensor, wouldn't it trip a light?

·
Registered
230 Posts
I'm not sure but i think on your sled that the trouble codes flash through your temp light on the dash.
One other thing to check would be is your exhaust and can clear. no mouse debris in there. A plugged exhaust would cause a loss of power to.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts