Snowmobile Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone else noticed after buying a new 020 cat belt (this year) that there sled is pulling more rpm's? I just put a new one on my ZRT and it is now pulling 300+ more rpm's. Then while browsing another forum I saw a post from a member saying that he has noticed that with the new belts on his ZR 800 it revs 400 more rpm's and same as some guys he rides with. Anyone else notice this??

·
Team Arctic
746 Posts
hmmm i bought 2 new ones but i haven't been able to test em out around here, i went out once on a poker rally but i wasn't paying attention, if your over revving just adjust your secondary spring, move it counterclockwise to lower the rpms. or are you just curious?

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
A little bit of both. Next time out just check your max rpm's and see if you notice a difference. It is revving a little high for my comfort at about 8500+ rpm's compared to the stock 8200 max. If I get out tomorrow I'm going to my old belt (POS Goodyear) and see what it does. That will eliminate if I have a clutching problem, like if they aren't fully shifting. Just found it odd that it would make that much of a difference RAISING the rpm's with a new belt. I PM'ed the guy that also posted about the higher numbers with the newer belts and will see what he says.

·
Team Arctic
746 Posts
Good deal, i have to work tomrrow so i dunno if i'll get out but i'll let you know what it hits, i know my clutch has been messed with so its in the furthest clockwise position and probly over revving. the manual here say 7800-8200 rpms peak.

·
Registered
96 Posts
as belts wear out and stretch you lose power and rpm, and from time to time you get used to it. Then when you put on a new one its back to spec. Thats probably whats happening.

·
Registered
167 Posts
JoeyO said:
as belts wear out and stretch you lose power and rpm, and from time to time you get used to it. Then when you put on a new one its back to spec. Thats probably whats happening.
Sounds true, I agree.

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Well I never got out today but hope to wake up early and do some testing where I can open it up. I know a new belt will give me better performance, which it does but this sled is only suppose to rev 8300rpm max and I dont remember it putting these high of numbers with any other belt.

·
Registered
48 Posts
I put a new 020 on my 01 ZRT600 and really didnt notice much of a difference besides the lack of a rubber burning smell and lots less rubber coating my hood - lol.

Original belt with 2000 miles finally let go last time out riding.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts