Snowmobile Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When im out riding and come to a stop it takes a min or so for it to come down to a normal idle speed,it stays up around 3000 rpm then drops to 1800.Ive checked the cables and linkage's and all are nice and free no sticking there.If I shut it down and restart it idles where it should(1800) is the TORS being activated? and if so what should I look for or is this normal for these sleds.
Thanks
Rick

·
Registered
26 Posts
When im out riding and come to a stop it takes a min or so for it to come down to a normal idle speed,it stays up around 3000 rpm then drops to 1800.Ive checked the cables and linkage's and all are nice and free no sticking there.If I shut it down and restart it idles where it should(1800) is the TORS being activated? and if so what should I look for or is this normal for these sleds.
Thanks
Rick
I never had this problem with my viper until I piped it. Instead of it idling 3000rpm like yours mine was idling at 4000rpm and would not come down. It was fine when i would start it and idle at 1800rpm. All i can say is set the idle at 1500rpm. I did it and its been fine ever since then.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I never had this problem with my viper until I piped it. Instead of it idling 3000rpm like yours mine was idling at 4000rpm and would not come down. It was fine when i would start it and idle at 1800rpm. All i can say is set the idle at 1500rpm. I did it and its been fine ever since then.
Thanks ill try the 1500 trick and if that don't work I might just unhook it as Jas did but would wrather have it working as from what I understand it's a warning that there might be other problems eg. cracked manifold boot ect.
Thanks again

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
was out yesterday but forgot to throw a screw driver in my pocket and it was too cold to mess with getting it out of the tool kit.Might get out again today and will try it for sure ,ill post my results fingers crossed lol

1 - 8 of 8 Posts