Snowmobile Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well im going to take a look at an 02 MXZ 800 tomorrow, and I'm kinda wondering what a fair price would be. Let me first explain the condition of the sled.
-02 MXZ 800, Heel clicker clutch kit, studded. From the pictures it looks like it has about 1700 miles on it. BUT, guy listing it said its sat outside for an entire year uncovered so has some cosmetic damages. The seat has a rip in it, its missing the clutch access cover, a couple cracks in the hood. Gas gauge glass/plastic is broken. Some plastic is faded, a few scuffs on the belly pan. The front bumper is broken, he said it was frozen to the ground this year when he went to fire it up so he hooked his quad to the front bumper and apparently shattered it trying to pull the sled free. Hes asking 1850, which is much more then I'd give him. I priced out all the parts it would most likely need and it comes to around 500-600 bucks. He also said it runs good, so im assuming mechanically it is sound.

What do you think this thing would be worth? like 1200? Any feedback appreciated

·
Registered
133 Posts
Personally i try to stay away from deals like that because it could have more problems then meets the eye and the last thing you want is to break down on the trail. If i were to buy it how you explained it i would tell the guy 1000 bucks, take it or leave it.

·
Registered
588 Posts
I just got a nice 2000 mxz 700 for 1500. It hadn't been used in a year and needed new gas/carb cleaned but otherwise it was perfect. 3000 miles. I wouldn't go any more than that 1200 for sure.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Personally i try to stay away from deals like that because it could have more problems then meets the eye and the last thing you want is to break down on the trail. If i were to buy it how you explained it i would tell the guy 1000 bucks, take it or leave it.
Thats kinda how I was thinking. Its more of a buy it then fix it up and sell it type thing. I dont want to insult the guy though. I see blue book on these sleds are around 2000, but obviously this thing was rode hard and put away wet persay. So if I decide to get this thing I should offer him 1000? Hes probly gonna tell me to go pound sand lol.

·
Sn0pro7
134 Posts
idk if you are set on buying this sled or not, but personally i think you are asking for problems. i would look for another sled. Sitting outside for a whole year uncovered comes with a cost. The pistons may be fine but most of the bearings in the sled with probably need to be replaced. Honestly it sounds like he neglected the sled and it might bring nothing but problems to you...

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I'm not set on this particular sled, just been in the market for a zx chassis 700-800 and this one seems liek I could get it for a good deal, just wondering what would be a fair price on it. I'm going to check this thing out high and low before I decide on it. If it looks too bad im sure I will pass on it.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts