Snowmobile Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ive been a life long ski-doo lover, and im looking to buy a new sled... im out of the price range for the high end rev's with the 600 h.o. sdi... i was looking at either an '02 mxz 600 or 700, or an '04 arctic cat f6 with efi... im havin a hard time deciding... i just wish ski-doo would make a more affordable comprable sled to the F6 besides the ski-doo rev x 600 h.o sdi which is ski-doos comprable sled which runs round 9 grand new unlike the 6,500 dollar F6... anyone have top speeds for me on an '02 mxz 600 or 700, and how do thes sleds stack up against the F6? thanks for your time...

ben

·
Registered
194 Posts
Got 115 on the speedo of my 02 mxz 700 adrenaline this weekend. Perfect conditions for speed ,below 0 F.
Easily beat my brothers 04 rev sdi on the lake.
Real fast out of the hole too, great sled!

·
Registered
228 Posts
the mxz is probably a faster sled. it depends on what kind of trails you like to determine what you want. if you want to jump a little and do snowcross i would go with the f6 if you have wide trails and a lot of fields i would go with the mxz. either sled you could use for snowcross or trialriding. i would go with a cat but that is just cause cat runs in my blood and i am already familiar with a firecat chassis. oh yeah if you get cold weather get a mxz. the firecats don't have much wind protection.

·
Registered
1,299 Posts
I DON'T HAVE ANY TROUBLE RUNNING WITH THE FIRECATS ON MY
01 MXZ AND I TAKE THE SAME BUMPS THEY DO AND IT'S A EXCELLENT HANDLING SLED WOULD RATHER HAVE THAT THAN A REV OR FIRECAT, NOT IMPRESSED WITH EITHER OF THOSE TWO.
CAT ALREADY HAD A EXCELLENT CHASSIS WITH THEIR ZR AND IT WILL OUT HANDLE THE FIRECATS AND THAT'S SAYING ALOT CONSIDERING I AM NOT A CAT FAN.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
f-6's not running so good

ive heard nothing good about the f-6 being as fast as it was suppose to be... they are said to be taking 700's and some 800's and that isnt happening at all... they are beating some of the 600's but arent coming close to other sleds like they were suppose to... this was all witnessed at a local snowmobile club on the track... they arent running top end wise over the f-7 like they were said to either... im going with a '99 mxz 600, its got enough power to satisfy me for now...

·
Registered
20 Posts
go with the 700 adrenaline. great performing sleds and look awesome too. the options list on the ZX chassis is endless and the 700 will run with the F6. it is going to be heavier, but gear it down a tad for more accel. and put a clutch kit on her. she'll spank any F6 you come across then (if stock). 144 or 192 (i reccommend 144) would be perfect for that machine.

·
Registered
20 Posts
G-ForceJunkie said:
I'd get the F6. If you want a Ski-doo to keep up with the F6 then get the 700 :cool:
this is obviously a fluke, Skidoo's 600 HO SDI is a far superior sled to the F6 in every aspect and pulled away from every other 600 of 04 in the snogoer shoot out. keep in mind these were all box stock also. the F6 is all hype no go, as i have heard in most every forum and magazine so far this year.

·
Registered
63 Posts
footballrules51 said:
get the F6 it beat all the 600s and a lot of the 700s and some of the 800s .
This is obviously a lie, theres no way a stock F6 could pull away from a 800 rev or even 700. Now if u had an F7 i might understand, ive seen those things eat some ski doo 800's. Go with the adrenaline 700 as posted before, excellent sled, good reviews, will beat ANY f6 out there lmao

·
Registered
205 Posts
SkidooMan said:
this is obviously a fluke, Skidoo's 600 HO SDI is a far superior sled to the F6 in every aspect and pulled away from every other 600 of 04 in the snogoer shoot out. keep in mind these were all box stock also. the F6 is all hype no go, as i have heard in most every forum and magazine so far this year.
hehehe, my sled must be a fluke, because the other day my UNSTUDDED f-6 walked a STUDDED rev 600. he has almost 400 miles on his and i only had i think 70, i know it was stupid to go racing with that many miles, but... he took me out of the hole with the studs but i just walked him after about 40. there was at leats 10 sleds lined up and he was way out in front of the pack. i took everyone else outta the hole even without studs, but not him. "all hype, no go". thats a good 1!!:rolleyes: also, they say that the f-6's are damn near as fast as the 7's.

·
Registered
170 Posts
The true 2004 F6 Firecats (not the early release from Jauary 2003) need to be set up properly at dealer prep time. Most "competent" dealers will do this. The F6 makes MAX HP at 76 - 7700 RPMs, but come from the factory running 8100 RPM's at WOT. This contributes to a HP loss of ~12 hp due to the overrev of 500 RPM's.

If you are seeing the 600 HO and SDI's, old 700's whoompin this sled, this would be the problem.

As for the F6 expected to top out more than the F7, stop and think for a moment! Post the Arcticle that stated this, I'd like to read it!:eek:

·
Registered
5 Posts
What are you talking about?

footballrules51 said:
get the F6 it beat all the 600s and a lot of the 700s and some of the 800s just look here http://arcticcat.com/news/pdf/SNO30200_AmSnow.pdf .
Also I like arctic cats more so yah, also they have a arm suspension and it has the efi which makes it way nicer.
"way nicer"...come on, Seriously! Give me some reasoning there. I have my cousins 2004 F6 sitting it my yard and yes, its nice. But GET REAL. Size does matter when we're talking about stock sleds. A 600 beating an 800? Are you talking about an 800 triple with 5,000 miles or something in 550'? I've been on a 2001 MXZ 700 Adren. with nothing but studs and walked away from the F6 in my yard (studded and D&D can). By the way, Rev's handle better...Those stats you gave are from Arctic Cat. They messed up on Dyno specs, how are we going to believe that? I didn't see anyone else have results with F6's beating 7 and 800's.

·
Registered
42 Posts
I have two 2002 mxz 700's ones an adrenaline. Had the adrenaline in Canada this past week, gave a 2004 rev 800 a run for its money. My buddy tried changing the clutching to give him more rpm's, made his sled slower then mine. Tried to adjust it back to normal and broke the bolt. Out of three races, rev 800 (1) mxz700 (2). Anyway, rode with a f7 in tug hill a month ago did not impress me at all, had to hit my brakes several times so I didn't rear end him on the take offs. Only got the adrenaline up to 105mph in not ideal conditions. 112mph on the other 700 in ideal conditions.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts