Snowmobile Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guy's /gals. I have an 02 700 xcsp edge. My problem is this thing just does'nt want to hook up. I can pull the skis from a dead stop but as soon as I get moving the track spins and all that launch momentum is lost. I'm also hearing a funny type of flutter, or slow popping noise when I crack the throttle. The sled seems to have a bunch off power off the line, and after about 30 MPH, but it acts like a slug inbetween there. Do I have a reed problem?, Carb , Clutch,or just not hooking up? I jumped on my 99 600 XCSP ( wifes sled now) and that thing runs like a raped ape. I can Nail it off the line and it just pulls like hell. Both sleds are stock, and have 96 studs down the center. I guess I'm really concerned that the 700 seems so sluggish compared to the 600. The 700 pulls GREAT after about 60, but the low end seems like a moped. Any suggestions or input on dealing with reeds would be appreciated also.( I have no clue, other than make sure they are clean and in good shape). Could this hook-up problem be because of my suspension being set-up to tight? I have it set high right now>??

1 - 2 of 2 Posts