Snowmobile Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is my first year with a sled. I just purchased a used 700 Summit with low miles (appx 500). I have a hard time getting it to warm start and it was overheating when I rode it yesterday. I rode twice before without any temp problems. This time was on a long climb (couple miles long with 1000ft elevation change) my other rides were just trails at about 1500ft. My buddy has a '02 800 Summit and the tunnel on his sled is warm to the touch, but mine is too hot to hold your hand on right behind the seat after a short fast ride at the lower elevation. I'm thinking it is a jetting problem, but I don't know anything about setting up the carbs. Is there a standard jetting setup based on elevation or should I take it to a mechanic? I want to learn how to work on it, but I don't want to melt it down while I learn.
Could the temp problem be from something else? Any help would be apreciated.

Steve

·
Registered
711 Posts
What kind of snow conditions? My rmk gets warm if i am not in good snow. Jetting is somthing to be concerned with but it wont affect your liquid temp, only your exaust temp, wich will melt your engine with out over heating your liquid. Talk to a dealer about what is right for a summit at certain elevations. You are most likely over heating dues to not enough snow geting to your heat exchangers. With the moster track you and I have, we need 3-6 inches of fresh snow to work with. Other than that ask your dealer about scratchers, then scratch the hard snow and throw it up on you slides mainly but can also help at low speeds with the exchangers

good luck

dano

1 - 2 of 2 Posts