Snowmobile Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
was wandering why it seems so hard to find parts for the 02 xcsp 700 ves. And were would a person find out what 700 motors match up for parts. I have looked o polaris oem parts list but seems like 02 is unique. Anyone have some suggestions on cross reference on that motor

·
Registered
1,563 Posts
Sigh it is NOT hard to find parts for a 20 year old snowmobile. You keep pushing that on here and it isn't true! Yes OEM makers quit making some parts but there is a TON of aftermarket parts and used parts for all those machines still! Also lots of polaris dealers still get those OEM parts all they do is either call up Polaris or they check online with other dealers. I know we did that a lot, and I have had local dealers do it for me.

Also at OP, idk what is making you think the 700 that year was unique as they were the same 700 Liberty engine from the time they brought them out till 2006. Only difference was one had VES valves, one did not. They made that in the 500,600 & 700. Could come with or without.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Sigh it is NOT hard to find parts for a 20 year old snowmobile. You keep pushing that on here and it isn't true! Yes OEM makers quit making some parts but there is a TON of aftermarket parts and used parts for all those machines still! Also lots of polaris dealers still get those OEM parts all they do is either call up Polaris or they check online with other dealers. I know we did that a lot, and I have had local dealers do it for me.

Also at OP, idk what is making you think the 700 that year was unique as they were the same 700 Liberty engine from the time they brought them out till 2006. Only difference was one had VES valves, one did not. They made that in the 500,600 & 700. Could come with or without.
So all ves 700 should work. ?? When I looked at oem parts they don't match up. But are you saying along as it a 700 ves should match up?? I have found somethings but cylinders seem to be difficult .

·
Registered
1,563 Posts
I will say there was different cylinders. On the 600 there was 2 different cylinders yet you can interchange them and if you do you replace both. Also on that 600 one was better then the other as one was prone to cracking.

What exactly are you looking for and I will try to help, and if I can't I can contact a source at Polaris I still know and find out what cylinders should match up but that would take a couple days for him to get back to me.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I will say there was different cylinders. On the 600 there was 2 different cylinders yet you can interchange them and if you do you replace both. Also on that 600 one was better then the other as one was prone to cracking.

What exactly are you looking for and I will try to help, and if I can't I can contact a source at Polaris I still know and find out what cylinders should match up but that would take a couple days for him to get back to me.
Im looking for 700 cylinders. But was looking at couple 03 04 700xcsp and wanted to make sure they will work on my 02. But also people want arm and leg for them so if cant find good deal ill resleeve them. While I have you here any thoughts on cheater heads for 02 700 xcsp ??

·
Registered
1,563 Posts
Nah cheater heads and what not I don't do. If it was the 800 I would say no freaking way. Quick ? why have to resleeve them? There are places that can fix those sleeves. Most times you don't have to resleeve you send to one of the places that @BC_Dan knows.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
was told buy some no good any others say hoan it out. Would be awsone if could be hoaned out its 81 mm know 82 would be okay

·
Registered
1,563 Posts
That isn't as bad as people are making it. That can be redone by a couple places here in the states. Wait till Dan gets on and he will know which places will do it. You contact them send in the cylinders and if it was me I would get the pistons from them and they should match it right to the job they do so they fit perfectly.

·
Registered
1,563 Posts
Yeah 40 years vs 20 :rolleyes:. Believe if it you want but it isn't true. Parts are everywhere. I can find parts all day long for my snowmobiles from the 1990s. And also go to a vintage site, some of those guys have stuff you couldn't even imagine laying around. I know of a place up here that still has NIB parts from the '70s and '80s & '90s...gee how do I know? Because the owners husband is a friend of mine and she has a huge warehouse full of stuff. Not too mention he has around 6 or 7 53 foot trailers full of used parts for all snowmobiles from the early '90s on up.

·
Super Moderator
17,548 Posts
Millenium Technologies can fix the cylinders good as new for about half the price of a new cylinder.

You can't hone nikasil cylinders, nikasil is tougher than nails and it takes special hones to do anything with it. A nikasil cylinder cannot be sleeved, what the repair will be is to hone off the old coating and apply new. Send them a piston to go with the cylinder and they will set up the piston for the cylinder, which saves you a step.

US Chrome also has a good reputation for the same repair.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts