Snowmobile Forum banner

01 ZR 800 Knock / Slap

1K views 11 replies 4 participants last post by  kccats 
#1 ·
On my 01 ZR 800 I'm experiencing a quite noticeable and intermittent knock or thud from the PTO general area. Only happens on deceleration or when the revs are coming down at around 2-3K RPM. I've seen a few older threads on this topic but not really any answer. Just wondering if any of you know off hand what the issue is.

#9 ·
I think I'm leaning more towards fuel or spark knock. We've narrowed it down that the "ping" or "knock" is coming from the top end of the PTO cylinder. It also only happens at 2500 RPM's and no where else in the throttle range does it happen. Its also very intermittent. Still don't have a good idea of what it is though. There is quite a few older threads on this from other forums, so I know I'm not the only one with this problem. It seems to mostly happen on the Cat 800 engines from 01 - 03. Any other ideas would be helpful, this one might be a bugger to figure out.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.