Snowmobile Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone, I am running a 800 non-ves, with the following mods, delta-2 reeds, gutted airbox, cheater heads, 500 jets, SLP twin pipes. The problem I am having is that if I ride it on the trails for a couple miles, then get out in a fields and squash the throttle, it is burbling and all loaded up on the bottom end, and won't get up above 6800rpm. if I do a couple 1000ft wide open runs, it will clear right up and is hitting 86-8900 rpm and getting peak power. as soon as I go back on the trail for a while, it loads right up again. I am thinking about puttting on a boost bottle, and maybe reed adapters, from what I have read this may help to give more airvolume/travel path for the fuel mix to atomize. Anyone found a way to get these big 800's to not load up on the bottom end? I am planning tearing down the carb adn clean it, someone also mentioned that I could have have a bad petal on one of the reeds. What is the best way to clean the jets on a carb? Thanks for any help you can lend.

·
Registered
183 Posts
Did it ever run correct after the mods you did? What temp is it when your riding? 500 jets could be too rich, I run 460 mains on my 800 at -10 to 10 dgrees. What is your engagement RPM? What size pilot jets? What is the setting of your needles ( clip location ). It sounds like you are running rich not lean, so cleaning jets is not the answer, plugged jets make the sled run leaner. shane

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I actually bought it with the mods already done (I know, booo!) so it was already set up this way. Temp was about 18-22F outside, engagement RPM is about 42-4400, I'm pretty sure it is stock pilot jet, no idea on the needle clip position, haven't torn down the carb yet to look, thats the next step.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts