Snowmobile Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
00 Panther 550 hesitates and backfires???

I just bought a used 2000 Arctic Cat Panther 550 last weekend. It ran great for the first 50 miles or so and then I noticed that if I let off of the throttle a little(like slowing down for a turn) and then getting back on it, it would hesitate and act like it is going to shut off...like i hit the kill switch, then take off again. I have replaced the plugs and used drygas in the tank but it is just getting worse. It does it at all speeds and is now starting to backfire out the exhaust when I get on the throttle occasionally. The sled is still under warrenty but i don't want to have to haul it back to the dealer if I don't need too. Any Ideas what it could be??

·
Runnin Against The Wind!
8,036 Posts
check your carburator boots for wear. If there cracking, you will be sucking air. Also check your plug wires for cracks. If this is the case you could be getting raw fuel in your exhaust, then when you have contact again......POW..

·
I am Spartacus
23,863 Posts
You might have to bring it back to the dealer to have the Stator or CDI checked, those supply the ignition to the engine. ESPECIALLY if it's under warranty. Stators can run $400 to $600!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts