Snowmobile Forum: Your #1 Snowmobile Forum - View Single Post - Suspension adjust on a 2008 M8
View Single Post
post #1 of (permalink) Old 04-01-2019, 07:27 PM Thread Starter
Kevin_woolwool

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Suspension adjust on a 2008 M8

I have a 2008 M8 with a 162 in. track and I noticed it rides kind of low in the back compared to most other sleds. So I read the manual and it says there is a three position cam you can set and changes the angle of the spring based on the weight of the rider. So I go out, look at the rear suspension, and none of this stuff is under my sled! All I can see that would possibly lift the tail end is a Fox air shock. I checked it and it was at about 100 psi, and the book said max is 150 psi so I bumped it up but no real change. Still a low rider.

There is a large threaded ring on the center coil spring / shock combo. but I was afraid to mess with that. It looks too far forward to just lift the back end and I was afraid I would mess up the handling.

The only problem is I have done some small jumps and bottomed the track out on the inside of the tunnel. But it just looks like a low rider. Thanks in advance for the help.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	M8 profile.jpg
Views:	15
Size:	46.2 KB
ID:	62982  

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome