Track conversion - Snowmobile Forum: Your #1 Snowmobile Forum
Go Back   Snowmobile Forum: Your #1 Snowmobile Forum > Specific Snowmobile Forums > Vintage Snowmobiles

» Sponsors

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-09-2012, 11:44 AM   #1 (permalink)
Registered User
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: sask. canada
Posts: 2
Track conversion

been working on an issue...i have a '80 trailcat 116" x 15" track still the original and i'm wondering has anyone heard of a carage swap and what kind. I want to go to a 121" but not sure what to use. Also it has the rear shocks on the outside of the tunnel, was thinking of redrilling the mount holes and changing the drivers to accomadatethe new one

The old one still had the steel cleats and need more traction
gwall510 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-10-2013, 10:03 PM   #2 (permalink)
Registered User
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 621
I *think* theres a 116" rubber track you can use with the drivers you already have. I don't know how you could go to a 121" without big changes to the tunnel and all the suspension.
A rubber track swap was fairly common on those for lighter weight and increased speed.

If more traction on ice is what you're really after you can stud the cleated track, drill out rivets from the cleats and replace with studs.
Raising sleds from the dead in north central MA.
'70 Ski-Doo Olympique 12/3 - The Yellow Bullet
'71 Arctic Cat Panther 303 - Wankle Panther
'78 Arctic Cat Pantera 5000 - Back from the dead!
'79 Polaris Cobra 340 - Back from the dead!
'95 Ski-Doo Grand Touring SE 670
curtludwig is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.2

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:44 AM.


Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0