Join Date: Dec 2002
Rules for Posting on SnowmobileForum.com
General Forum Rules:
Please note that SNOWMOBILEFORUM.com will, from time to time, make changes to these General Forum Rules without notice in order to reflect current climates within the Community. Additionally, every single issue that might possibly arise would be impossible to address within these guidelines. Therefore, just because a certain issue isn't raised here doesn't mean it will be allowed (or disallowed, for that matter) within the Community.
All fourm members are responsible for whatever content they post within the general forums, including the PM system.
Any forum member or guest not adhering to the forum rules should be issued a warning for minor offenses. Upon a second violation of the same offense, and for any major violation of forum rules, staff may request an immediate account inactivation and banning of the user’s screen name.
Bans and suspensions can be applied for 24 hours, several days, or permanently depending on the severity of the violation and is completely at the discretion of the staff.
NOTE: The staff of SnowmobileForum.com reserves the right to ban any user at its own discretion and without benefit of due process should the violation of the rules be seriously detrimental to the community of SnowmobileForum.com, its members or sponsoring organization.
Decisions of the staff are final and not subject to appeal.
- Please keep all content to a maximum of PG-13 rating. This includes the insertion of pictures of nude or mostly nude persons, links to sites with vulgar or offensive materials, or any discussion of illegal drugs. This rating is also applies to the user's avatar, user title, and signature.
Avatars and signature images with scantily clad, nude and/or semi nude people, or content that is vulgar or tasteless will not be allowed.
- No money making schemes, lottery contests or referral games (For instance, you may not post links to games that require you to attract as much traffic as possible such as out war). Pyramid schemes are scams, don't work, and nobody here wants to hear about them. These are considered spam and they will be deleted without notice.
- Do not post other's phone numbers, addresses, pictures, instant messenger aliases, email addresses, etc., without their permission. Respect the privacy of others. Snowmobile Forum reserves the right to release such information if need be.
Note: We do not tolerate scam artists. We will cooperate with law enforcement agencies to catch those engaged in criminal behavior on this web site. Don’t do it; you’ll get caught, and we will help them catch you.
Anyone suspected of attempting to scam will be warned and have his or her threads closed/deleted. Anyone CAUGHT scamming others will be banned immidately, and the proper law enforcement agencies will be notified, as well as his or her information sent to the admins of other forums
- No swearing or racial or religious slurs. Absolutely NO avoiding the swear filter. Bypassing the filter through creative spelling, spacing out words, or through the inclusion of vbcode will not be tolerated. No exceptions.
- No flaming or bashing of a particular brand of product. Posts such as “Yamaha, Polaris, Arctic-Cat, etc. sucks!” are spam and will not be tolerated. It is fine to go ahead and say that you don't like a product, just explain why you think it is bad.
- Please do not flame (slander / bash) individual board members. While it is natural to disagree, do so intelligently. Repeated flames will lead to user suspensions and negative reputation points.
- You may not post links to for profit affiliate programs where you stand to gain profit off of other users. This includes links to e-bay or other auction sites. Any user that spams or uses the PM system to distribute ads or other unsolicited marketing material will be banned. The 'forum' includes the PM system.
- Please do your best to post within appropriate categories of the board. If you post something in an incorrect forum category, we will move/edit/delete it as appropriate. Make it easier on us and just put it in the right spot to begin with. If you continuously post topics in the wrong forum catagory you will risk further disciplinary action.
- Please be courteous to all board members and moderators. Even though you may not share the same opinion on a topic, you need to respect all members. You don't have to love everyone, just get along- that’s all we ask.
If you feel the need to have a discussion about a problem on the forum, please do so in the Forum Tech Support Section. HOWEVER, you MUST give a suggestion as to how the situation could be better handled or propose an alternate solution.
FLAMING ANY STAFF MEMBER WILL NOT BE TOLERATED. Threats of physical violence or the posting of pictures suggesting physical violence towards a staff member will be forwarded to the proper authorities for possible legal action. No exceptions will be made. This includes threats of disrupting / hacking / or damaging the board itself. Impersonating a staff member will result in a permanent banning.
- No plagiarism. Please do not copy and paste information from other sites without giving proper credit. Putting the original poster's name at the bottom where you can barely see it and attempting to disguise it as your own work is not only wrong but in some cases be punishable by law.
If ANYONE wishes to use a thread or post by a member of another forum or website they must first get WRITTEN permission from the author or authors. Permission to use the material must be prominently displayed, along with the author's name, at the TOP of the thread quoting the cited material.
The offending poster will NOT be given a chance to reconcile and/or explain himself; he/she will be banned on their first offense.
- Members user titles cannot be 'banned' or any similarly recognized derivation thereof. If you put 'banned' as your user title, the staff will grant your wish and grant you an automatic ban.
- Please keep your signature size to a reasonable length. Staff reserve the right to remove or edit it to a more reasonable size at their discretion. No more then one picture or animation will be allowed. Also remember the PG-13 rating applies to the content in the signature as well.
- If as user has been temporarily or permanently banned or suspended that user is prohibited from creating any new account for the duration of that suspension. Should a user violate this rule and create and post under a new user name during the time of their suspension, they face having that account immediately banned without explanation. Users that create multiple accounts in this fashion will not be tolerated and the user IP address will be blocked access to the fourms.
If you see an inappropriate post or think someone is in violation of the board rules, please report the post / action to a moderator using the “Report This Post to a Moderator” link at the bottom right of a particular post.
If there is a major rule violation, please report it to an admin via the PM system or e-mail immediately.
If you feel that any staff member is not following the rules please contact one of the forum Administrators. Feel free to PM, email or IM them.