Small amount of oil under machine
After going for a ride yesterday in -30`C this morning I see there is a trail of engine oil coming from the machine. Here are the details:
- 550 RMK 2009, cylinders and head are used and pistons are new (engine was stolen 2010). Both cylinders have 125psi.
- stored in a heated shop
- snowmobile didn't move from Oct2010 until yesterday for various reasons
- I might have overfilled the oil tank, but only just, before heading out (i.e. by 400ml or so at most)
- engine ran fine yesterday and didn't do anything crazy, just a 12 mile run between 20 and 30 mph steady, no hills or bursts
- had trouble in reverse making an awful sounding almost banging noise and had trouble getting back into forward via the push button (had to turn the machine off and then restart - I think this was happening in 2010)
Any thoughts would be great! I hope it just that it was overfilled. I'm running mixed gas regardless.