stroker - Snowmobile Forum: Your #1 Snowmobile Forum
Go Back   Snowmobile Forum: Your #1 Snowmobile Forum > General Discussion Forums > General Sled Chat

» Sponsors

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-02-2012, 04:16 PM   #1 (permalink)
Registered User
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: new durham nh
Posts: 1

what will happen if i take 800 xc connecting rods and use them with a 700 top end? the stroke on the 700 is 68mm,the 800 70mm. i know it will increase compression and lessen clearences to the head.but can it be done and will i have to change anything else? i bought a used lower end and was told it was a 700 ends up its a 800! WTF!..
blueweld is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 12-03-2012, 12:46 AM   #2 (permalink)
Registered User
ZRTEETH's Avatar
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: PA
Posts: 454
You would have to machine a plate to go between the cylinder and the crank case to make up for the longer stroke. "stroker plate"
ZRTEETH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 07:05 AM   #3 (permalink)
Super Moderator
kccats's Avatar
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Northern IL
Posts: 20,647
You can contact Cometic the gasket company and they can make you the right thickness gasket and or a shim plate! BUT your piston will travel TOO far down! The correct way to do it is to split the difference! Which means a different head too!
kccats is online now   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.2

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:17 PM.


Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0