97 Zrt800 How fast are these things? - Snowmobile Forum: Your #1 Snowmobile Forum
http://www.snowmobileforum.com
Go Back   Snowmobile Forum: Your #1 Snowmobile Forum > Specific Snowmobile Forums > Arctic Cat Snowmobiles


» Sponsors





Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-01-2007, 10:09 AM   #1 (permalink)
Registered User
 
cjone782000's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Porter,ME
Posts: 472
97 Zrt800 How fast are these things?

I was on the lake and gave it maybe 1/4 throttle and i was doing over 80 before i was scared and slowed down. i'll admit that...lol. I love the rooster tails doing 45 and it breaks out sideway.
cjone782000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 03-01-2007, 10:15 AM   #2 (permalink)
cocky youngster
 
grouly925's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Munger, Michigan
Posts: 353
They are pretty fast, considering they are a 800 triple. You will have no problem hitting triple digits and depending on gearing should be able to push 115 or higher. The sky is the limit really. They aren't really that quick though if I remember right. Kinda heavy.
__________________
Country Boys can survive.

2003 F7 EFI Limited Edition Sabrecat Graphics
1-3/8 sno pro track w/ 170 1.450 mega-bites
2.5 degree timing key
rumble pack can
grouly925 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2007, 10:27 AM   #3 (permalink)
Registered User
 
cjone782000's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Porter,ME
Posts: 472
i don't know o have nothing to compare it to in riding experience but brother says it is sick and he has rode a few. it has some driven clutch mods and exhaust and can mods. i don't know how much hp that actually gives it.
cjone782000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2007, 12:52 PM   #4 (permalink)
Super Moderator
 
RJ Gleason's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Groton NY
Posts: 32,041
Neighborhood of 150+
__________________
Old Cat Rider
'93 Wildcat 700EFI
w/ Comet 108 Pro-4 clutch & 01 ZR skid

'90 Wildcat Project in progress.

Vintage (sorta)
1980 Indy Trail 440 (for sale)
1980 AC Pantera (donor engine to the 90 wildcat)


http://www.dcdrifters.net/


Worshipful Master; F&AM Dryden Lodge# 472
http://www.masonicdryden472.org/

Rules of this forum are strictly enforced!
RJ Gleason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2007, 01:09 PM   #5 (permalink)
Registered User
 
cjone782000's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Porter,ME
Posts: 472
Quote:
Originally Posted by RJ Gleason
Neighborhood of 150+
so how can i get it to feel safe going over 70. steering kinda bounces alot. bad shocks or is that normal. snow looked flat
cjone782000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2007, 01:15 PM   #6 (permalink)
Super Moderator
 
RJ Gleason's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Groton NY
Posts: 32,041
That's 150+ hp.
You should be able to adjust the spring pre-load on the front shocks to make it a little softer. But, do not neglect the adjustment of the rear suspension as well. They are inter dependent to make the ride the way that you want.
__________________
Old Cat Rider
'93 Wildcat 700EFI
w/ Comet 108 Pro-4 clutch & 01 ZR skid

'90 Wildcat Project in progress.

Vintage (sorta)
1980 Indy Trail 440 (for sale)
1980 AC Pantera (donor engine to the 90 wildcat)


http://www.dcdrifters.net/


Worshipful Master; F&AM Dryden Lodge# 472
http://www.masonicdryden472.org/

Rules of this forum are strictly enforced!
RJ Gleason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2007, 01:26 PM   #7 (permalink)
Registered User
 
cjone782000's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Porter,ME
Posts: 472
Quote:
Originally Posted by RJ Gleason
That's 150+ hp.
You should be able to adjust the spring pre-load on the front shocks to make it a little softer. But, do not neglect the adjustment of the rear suspension as well. They are inter dependent to make the ride the way that you want.
so me being so heavy f&*ks with the front suspension anyways. i'm near 400 pounds....the biggest sledder in the world....lol. i was kinda hoping i could get a double shock set up for the rear suspension. i stay up front and it doesn't bottom out much.
cjone782000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2007, 03:30 PM   #8 (permalink)
Registered User
 
Greg_H's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Petersburg, Michigan
Posts: 76
Quote:
Originally Posted by cjone782000
i was kinda hoping i could get a double shock set up for the rear suspension. i stay up front and it doesn't bottom out much.
It already has 2 shocks...one on the front arm and one on the rear arm. You can stiffen up the rear by getting heavier duty rear springs. I'm 320 lbs and am running a 2000 ZRT rear suspension in my '96 ZRT, which is pretty much the same design as your suspension. I used part nos. 1704-074/075. They have a larger wire diameter and I believe more coils. After installing these springs, I have my spring adjusters in the middle position and that is perfect. You can also couple the heavy duty springs with Black Magic billet spring adjusters. They are 20 or 25% larger than the stock plastic ones, which creates more preload, making it even more stiff, if you need it.
__________________
Ride it like you stole it!
Greg_H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2007, 04:15 PM   #9 (permalink)
Registered User
 
cjone782000's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Porter,ME
Posts: 472
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg_H
It already has 2 shocks...one on the front arm and one on the rear arm. You can stiffen up the rear by getting heavier duty rear springs. I'm 320 lbs and am running a 2000 ZRT rear suspension in my '96 ZRT, which is pretty much the same design as your suspension. I used part nos. 1704-074/075. They have a larger wire diameter and I believe more coils. After installing these springs, I have my spring adjusters in the middle position and that is perfect. You can also couple the heavy duty springs with Black Magic billet spring adjusters. They are 20 or 25% larger than the stock plastic ones, which creates more preload, making it even more stiff, if you need it.
ty greg
cjone782000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2007, 07:10 PM   #10 (permalink)
Super Moderator
 
kccats's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Northern IL
Posts: 19,276
Stock that sled was 168 HP! With about the same mods mine is close to 200! I have had mine over 125 and you should be very comfotable at 100!!! Have your shocks rebuilt and get the heavier springs. I use Ed Ingram (262) 496-5001, give him a call and tell him what its doing and everything, send him your shocks and he will customize them for you, You'll love it!
kccats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2007, 12:14 PM   #11 (permalink)
Registered User
 
cjone782000's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Porter,ME
Posts: 472
Quote:
Originally Posted by kccats
Stock that sled was 168 HP! With about the same mods mine is close to 200! I have had mine over 125 and you should be very comfotable at 100!!! Have your shocks rebuilt and get the heavier springs. I use Ed Ingram (262) 496-5001, give him a call and tell him what its doing and everything, send him your shocks and he will customize them for you, You'll love it!
ok thanks kc
cjone782000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2007, 12:25 PM   #12 (permalink)
Registered User
 
Cdndairyman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Belmont, Ontario
Posts: 627
Quote:
Originally Posted by kccats
Stock that sled was 168 HP! With about the same mods mine is close to 200! I have had mine over 125 and you should be very comfotable at 100!!! Have your shocks rebuilt and get the heavier springs. I use Ed Ingram (262) 496-5001, give him a call and tell him what its doing and everything, send him your shocks and he will customize them for you, You'll love it!
I think you are being pretty generous there kccats. RJ is more in the area when he says 150. The big T-Cat was only pushing a shade over 170. But at any rate they are still wicked fast no matter what the spec is. Be careful on that thing! Is it studded? Maybe that will help to keep you from feeling out of control.
__________________
2001 MXZ 700 (mine)
1999 Indy 500 (wife's)
1974 TX 340
1996 GMC Seirra Z71 (my baby )
2004 Dodge Ram Quad Cab 4x4 HEMI
2007 Outlander 500
2003 Foreman 450 ES (farm bikes)
Cdndairyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2007, 12:57 PM   #13 (permalink)
Registered User
 
cjone782000's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Porter,ME
Posts: 472
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cdndairyman
I think you are being pretty generous there kccats. RJ is more in the area when he says 150. The big T-Cat was only pushing a shade over 170. But at any rate they are still wicked fast no matter what the spec is. Be careful on that thing! Is it studded? Maybe that will help to keep you from feeling out of control.
i haven't counted them but the track looks .75 and it has studs down the middle. i wanna get a new track this summer. any idea's anyone?
cjone782000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2007, 06:58 AM   #14 (permalink)
Registered User
 
Cdndairyman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Belmont, Ontario
Posts: 627
with that kind of power if you put a 1.25" ripsaw on and 144 - 192 studs you would have a ton of traction. Would really let you feel what you have under the hood!!!
__________________
2001 MXZ 700 (mine)
1999 Indy 500 (wife's)
1974 TX 340
1996 GMC Seirra Z71 (my baby )
2004 Dodge Ram Quad Cab 4x4 HEMI
2007 Outlander 500
2003 Foreman 450 ES (farm bikes)
Cdndairyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2007, 08:05 AM   #15 (permalink)
Registered User
 
cjone782000's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Porter,ME
Posts: 472
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cdndairyman
with that kind of power if you put a 1.25" ripsaw on and 144 - 192 studs you would have a ton of traction. Would really let you feel what you have under the hood!!!
with my size that track wont hurt the sled right. from the bottoms out?
cjone782000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2007, 08:46 AM   #16 (permalink)
Super Moderator
 
kccats's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Northern IL
Posts: 19,276
Change the springs and shocks then too! And carbide up front!
kccats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2007, 08:57 AM   #17 (permalink)
Registered User
 
cjone782000's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Porter,ME
Posts: 472
Quote:
Originally Posted by kccats
Change the springs and shocks then too! And carbide up front!
change them to what? the heaviest coils they make?
cjone782000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.2

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:25 AM.



Copyright SnowmobileForum.com

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0