Snowmobile Forum banner

jag afs wont start

2K views 15 replies 6 participants last post by  99Polaris500 
#1 ·
It has compression, spark and it's getting fuel. BUT it wont start. I put some mixed fuel down the plug holes, even though I KNEW it was getting gas, and then it fired, but thats it.

I just had it running a few days ago, then it sat out in an ice storm and snow storm. I thought I would take it for a spin but it wont start now.

Any ideas?

#3 ·
The carb does need to be cleaned, but the plugs were plenty wet every time I looked at them, I almost thought it was flooded.

I was going to go through the carb regardless when I have some room in the shed.

#4 ·
get new plugs. week spark will not keep up with the fuel and will flood your engine. also make sure you have enough gas! pull the gas lines off at the carbs and pull til it spurts out gas or let it run off premix dropped in the cylinder til gas comes out of the lines. reconnect the fuel and run off premix again to fill carbs.

#7 ·
If it says to use br9es, use them. Br8es is a hotter plug and can cause issues. I would highly recomend using the spark plug specifically designed for the sled. I bought new plug wires from oreilly auto parts. Cost 15 for 3 of them (triple) so bout 10 for a twin. Also got some new plugs to go with it. Does your plugs have threaded tops or solid tops?

#10 ·
Got the new plugs in, and went to start it, now the recoil takes a good 10 seconds or more to rewind it self..

Do I need a new spring? I have another recoil that's taken apart..do I try putting that spring in to see if it's better?

How do I put a recoil spring in?

#16 ·
must have just been a bit of ice. it worked fine when I went out today. I'm having carb troubles. I want to clean it, but I cant get it off the sled. I can get it out of the boots, but cant get the cables off.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.