Snowmobile Forum banner

04 Rev 800 X new owner need a little help

1K views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  jeffcool326 
#1 · (Edited by Moderator)
Hey guys, I purchased a 04 Rev 800 X at a auction the other day for the heck of it and I really dont know much about em. Says its an x package, what is different about the x package? what type of shocks are they supposed to have? What type of motor is this, SDI? are there any specifics I should check out that tend to fail on these sled? Any info. about them would help, I always rode cats but thought I would try this new fwd riding position to help my back out a bit. Thanks in advance for your help!

#2 ·
Hey guys, I purchased a 04 Rev 800 X at a auction the other day for the hell of it and I really dont know much about em. Says its an x package, what is different about the x package? what type of shocks are they supposed to have? What type of motor is this, SDI? are there any specifics I should check out that tend to fail on these sled? Any info. about them would help, I always rode cats but thought I would try this new fwd riding position to help my back out a bit. Thanks in advance for your help!
mainly xpackage shocks. early 800's had their issues. not as dependable as the 600's. 800s were suspect to crank and piston failures and recalls if i remember right. if your sled has over 4k miles on it, guessin it got it all straightened out. most blew before 2500.

#3 ·
Excellent riding machine, bridges the gap between trail & mountain sled excellently. The only drawback I have encountered as many have found out with this machine is in order to insure longevity & durability one needs to change the carburetor specifications to the 2007 800HO P-Teks. The pilot jets need to be changed from the stock "05" #17.5 to the "07" #20 & turn the fuel screw out from 1.5 turns to 2.0 turns to cure the hanging idle problem. And the slides needles need to be updated to the "07" needle to fatten up the mid-range as the "05" carb needles are notoriously lean in the mid-range. Also special attention should be paid to the intake boots which are known to de-laminate & the exhaust Y pipes bolts are known to loosen. "Think Snow"

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.