Snowmobile Forum banner

Phazer 116 to 121?

7K views 14 replies 5 participants last post by  86yamahaphazer 
#1 ·
i have a skid from a xlv 540 and i wanted to put it in my sled for a little more travel. i need to know will it bolt right up still. or do i need to mod it

#6 ·
have a 136 in my shop with 1 3/4 track lugs, but then cut them down to 1 1/2". used a polaris 133 skid and relocated it back a few.

did a full set back with the 116 skid to 136 but i havent any test time on the sled nor a tunnel extension or bumper.

the phazer was offered from the factory in 91 with the 136 nothing lug track. it is the "ST" model.

#10 ·
I wonder if a 136" would really cut the power/performance down. They're not overly powered to begin with...

Sounds like all the Phazer tracks were "nothing lugs" at least thru the early '90s. I know my daughter's is, that is until I swap out the track with one from 'dad.............

#8 ·
The 121 is coming from a xlv 2 up sled. I never have reloctoned a skid before. I'm kinda of scared of doing it. I need help anyone wanna help me and walk me though it.

#11 ·
first and foremost is having the dimensions from the donor sled. without those numbers it can be a shot in the dark and a swiss cheesed tunnel.

the rest is geometrical and relative to positions. more than likely utilizing the original front mount holes wont happen, but there is a chance.

another concern would be the shock springs on a 2 up sled. do to the weight factor on the phazers, unless your a big ole boy, you may be looking at a bouncy ride.

relocates can be intimidating at a first glance but not really as bad as it appears. carefull measuring, the right tools and some guidance you can easily work through it.

#13 ·
So far i got the skid out and the 121 skid cleaned up and greased up. i gotta take the chaincase off so i can get my drive axle out and track. so i can put the new one in there. im gonna leave the front holes the same and just move the back brackets 21/2 inches back. and it should bolt right up in there. Just worried about my running boards and support for the back brackets and the tunnel extension. I need help and some support from you guys thanks!:)

#14 ·
dont forget the 121 skids used a crosshaft to support the track. that will be your easiest part.

your good with the front holes assuming the donor sled was the same at about 8 7/8" back from the center of the driveshaft. key number to have or the skid wont work.

same brackets at the rear between the 116 pz'z and the 121's. as you already figured out, they need to move back 2 3/8". you have room there for the move, you just need to figure a method to attach them as well as the factory did. look closely at the rivets you will be removing and you will see they are buck style not pop rivets, for a reason-strength.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.