Snowmobile Forum banner

1995 Yamaha Vmax????

47K views 16 replies 12 participants last post by  RJ Gleason 
#1 ·
I finally found a sled its a 1995 Yamaha Vmax 600 all stock not even 2100 miles in great shape for 1500 bucks. Were these good sled were they good motors and how fast thanks? Also how were the shocks on it did they hold up good?

#3 ·
Great Sled....I have a 1994 which I just swapped a Pro-Action skid into. The sled is reliable if taken care of and maintained correctly (as with any sled). I believe these came with 95 horsepower out of the box, and I would venture to guess would run 90 mph on top end stock (don't believe the speedo!). I paid $850 for mine in very good condition 2 years ago, and I would buy another again in a heartbeat. Great trail sled, but when the trails get rough, the suspension will show its shortfalls quickly!

#5 ·
I have had two of these sleds. A 1995 and a 1996. They are what got me hooked on yamaha's. Sleds that is, still won't give up the Honda dirt toys. The 1996 I had, the suspension was alot better that the 1995. It had the pro action adjustable suspension on it. Good reliable sleds, but I still like my srx 700 better though!!!!!!!!

#6 ·
I just picked up a 1995 Vmax 600le for $1000. The thing is 100% mint with 892miles on it and was owned by a 22 yr old girl!! From what I have read, some people like them. I think it should be a good sled. Thinking about the rear skid up grade though... I loved the ETT in my 99 ZR600

#7 ·
yea from wat ive heard, on the plus side, very reliable.. on the down side, they have terrible suspension(problem can be solved by putting in a newer skid) and they are gas hogs.. but pretty much all 2 strokes in the 90s are

#9 ·
try to get the price down a bit tho, as for I bought a 99 AC for 1600

#12 ·
sweet, cant wait to see pics

#14 ·
I bought my 97 Vmax last Oct. for $750. Runs perfect, the only problem i had with it, was busting the spider and one of my weights in the clutch, but i got a used one off a 96 Vmax at a great price...FREE, and i had to replace the excaust pipe cuz it blow a hole in it the same night the clutch went on it HAHA. But the engine runs good and strong, and the suspension is set up perfect for the sled and what type of riding i do.

#15 ·
1995 Vmax

They are a great sled, a powerhouse at 96hp, takes off like a rocket. Handle superbly like it's on rails. A little heavy at about 475 lbs. Rides a little hard but takes the bumps very well. Top end around 95-100, I've hit 97 on radar on a great condition lake.

Leave them alone, treat them good, they will last a long long time. Here is a shot of my '95 600L/E taken yesterday, all original:

Wig

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.