Snowmobile Forum banner

Changing Jackshaft

8K views 14 replies 6 participants last post by  Faceman 
#1 ·
I want to change the jackshaft on my 1995 Mach-Z. The clutch side bearing went out and caused damage to the original. I found a good used jackshaft on e-bay. Is there any tips,info. or special tools needed.I haven't had time to look at it, I hope to get to it this weekend. Thanks.

#3 ·
yea, its easy, besides what RJ said you will need to take the chaincase cove off and take the nut off the other side. slide the old one out and the new one in.

#7 ·
not if he slides the jackshaft out of the bearing. you just need it if you want to get the bearing out of the case.

#9 ·
its lubed with the chaincase oil, no grease. but yes by all means it should be checked and replaced if needed

#11 ·
shouldnt have to. pads will either lift out of the caliper or you will have to take the caliper off. i havent had to change a set of pads on any of my sleds, only know of one person that has and i have no clue as to why he burned them up so fast.

#13 ·
Taz Man said:
I'll look at them and if they are in speck 1mm. or more I will leave them as is. They are probably just fine. thanks for all the help

I would like to know that I have more than 1mm of brake bad on my sled. That seems a tad thin to me. I'd rather see something more like 1 cm but at least 5mm.

Just my opinion.

#15 ·
We just did an 02MXZX 800 with no problems. Save yourself a lot of grief and go to the BRP website so you can see the parts layout. The lower driveshaft is a pick of cake, the upper( off the secondary) requires a bearing to be pulled (6 inches in) and repressed. Good luck, it's not a bad job.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.